Promoting an online business isn’t a very cheap thing…most of the time. But there still are some nice alternatives that can keep you from losing your shirt, while still being able to convey your brand message and reach new customers.
Today, I want to show you such methods, starting with this list of ways you can start utilizing right away: online business promotion Promoting your online business doesn’t have to be expensive – there are better, cheaper ways to do it.
1. Pick a website design that can attract visitors First off, your website should look professional yet attractive enough to make your visitors want to stay and know more about your products/services. The design is a type of passive promotion in itself, but it has to be functional and fresh to work well. There are sites where you can get free ready-made templates, so just choose wisely. You can try your luck at ThemeFuse or even WordPress.org.
2. Do blogging Blogging is a great way to promote a business because people online love to read relevant information. This effort may take a while before you see results, but it’s really worth the wait. Plus, it’s free and you can create the blog posts yourself. Just make sure to talk about topics that provide your visitors with useful information about their problems. Of course, solutions should be related to what you’re offering.
3. Build your email list Email marketing is a very cheap way to promote an online business because you only need to build your email list and send emails to people on that list. However, you must find a way to make those visitors sign-up to your mailing list. Offering incentives like free eBooks is effective in getting them to sign-up.
4. Don’t forget your call to action In promoting a business, the most important thing is to make conversions. Your traffic should turn into leads and not just people who happen to surf by your online store. The best way to make conversions is to put a call to action throughout your website and marketing materials.
5. Give discounts Everyone loves a good deal and discounts. Not only is it a good way to reward customers, but it can also be used to entice visitors to try out your products/services. You can promote your online business in deal websites by offering discount coupon codes or you can also spread the word through posting articles in your social media profiles.
6. Create contests and competitions Another good way to promote your online business is to create contests and competitions that encourage your audience to join in. Of course, the price should be worth it so they’ll get on board. This is where you can use your social media accounts the most. You can share the contest there and encourage people to share or follow your post. Thus, generating more traffic to your website.
7. Use videos for promotion Some people like to read, some like to listen and some like to watch, or most of them do. That’s because through watching a video, you can already get all the information you need in just a few minutes. It’s entertaining too. In addition, studies show that customers respond to videos more and are more likely to purchase your products/services that way.
8. Don’t forget content marketing Content marketing is about promoting your online business through the use of quality content. Truly, one of the most effective ways to attract customers to a business. Your content should be targeted to your audience to have a higher chance of conversion. An important note here is to provide quality information that your audience needs and how your products/services are the solution to their problems.
These eight cheap ways to promote your online business don’t really need much cash. You can do everything by yourself. Just be dedicated, put in hard work an be patient. You’ll see your results soon enough. (Culled from http://www.noobpreneur.com)